Self Portraiture as Medicine:: A 10-week course in Self Portraits that Heal.
Join Catherine Just on a journey of introspection, reflection and creation.
During the 10 weeks of this online course I'll be offering ways to express yourself ... with yourself as subject, muse, presence and person. I'll be sharing about my own journey with Self Portraiture and how I've faced myself during my most vulnerable times with only my camera and my being. You will learn how I create self portraits as a way to look, process and move through situations and emotions that matter the most. Processing loss, uncertainty, falling in love, transitions, celebrations, facing life on life's terms and the moments when you just can't face it at all.
- The difference between selfies and self portraits.
- How to set up your camera the way I do and a variety of other ways it can be done.
- How to respond to life through self portraiture.
- How to use objects and your wardrobe as symbols and metaphors to help you tell a story within your images.
- How to navigate and find the internal landscape that you can draw from to make your self portraits.
- How to face yourself while making this vulnerable work. How to make it easier.
- The difference between body::being::figure:: within a self portrait.
- How to create the dream-like quality and feel that is a part of my signature style.
- How to find your own style and how to create consistency within your process.
- I'll share my process of creating my images with you from start to finish.
Through weekly emails, videos and on-line support from myself and the whole group, we'll press into the power of self portraits. The process will become our medicine, the end result our celebration. You do not need to call yourself a photographer to join in. All you need is curiosity and willingness to try something new or expand on what you've already started to do with self-portraiture.
I'd love for you to take this invitation to transform your being through self portraits.
Course Dates TBD 2018
This course is an at your own pace course - you do not have to keep up - you can save the materials and get to them when your schedule allows. You can also follow along daily and post your images daily if you wish. I will be visiting the Private Facebook Group to see everyone's images and give feedback during the 10 weeks of the course. I'll also be looking for the hashtag in Instagram to see what you're up to if you don't wish to join the FB group. Online courses are great if you need the flexibility and want to expand your learning while at home. I do not give refunds. Please take care in deciding whether or not this course is right for you before signing up. I'm really excited to get this course rolling and to offer you self portraiture as medicine for your life and your soul. xo *c
Sign up for my newsletter below to be first in line when the 2018 dates are announced and registration is open.