Self Portraiture as Medicine:: A 10-day course in Self Portraits that Heal.
Join Catherine Just on a journey of introspection, reflection and creation.
June 6th-18th, 2016
During the 10 days of this online course I'll be offering ways to express yourself ... with yourself as subject, muse, presence and person. I'll be sharing about my own journey with Self Portraiture and how I've faced myself during my most vulnerable times with only my camera and my being. You will learn how I create self portraits as a way to look, process and move through situations and emotions that matter the most. Processing loss, uncertainty, falling in love, transitions, celebrations, facing life on life's terms and the moments when you just can't face it at all.
- The difference between selfies and self portraits.
- How to set up your camera the way I do and a variety of other ways it can be done.
- How to respond to life through self portraiture.
- How to use objects and your wardrobe as symbols and metaphors to help you tell a story within your images.
- How to navigate and find the internal landscape that you can draw from to make your self portraits.
- How to face yourself while making this vulnerable work. How to make it easier.
- The difference between body::being::figure:: within a self portrait.
- How to create the dream-like quality and feel that is a part of my signature style.
- How to find your own style and how to create consistency within your process.
- I'll share my process of creating my images with you from start to finish.
Through daily emails, videos and on-line support from myself and the whole group, we'll press into the power of self portraits. The process will become our medicine, the end result our celebration. You do not need to call yourself a photographer to join in. All you need is curiosity and willingness to try something new or expand on what you've already started to do with self-portraiture.
I'd love for you to take this invitation to transform your being through self portraits.
This course is just $79.00 for the June Session.